Submit an event
If you have a great idea for an event and can roll up your sleeves to make it happen, we’d love to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
Events can be walks, tours, workshops, talks, family events, taster sessions or just about anything else featuring walking in some form. They can be around the themes of arts, education, food, sport, history, architecture, wildlife and nature, or anything else a walk could cover.
Why get involved?
Bristol Walk Fest aims to:
- Encompass walking for travel, health, leisure, learning and inspiration/creativity.
- Encourage people to get out walking to enhance health and wellbeing.
- Bring people together in a way that benefits individuals, communities and the environment.
- Showcase organisations and professionals providing walks in Bristol.
- Raise the profile of Bristol as a walking destination (tourism).
- Evaluate the impact of the festival on people’s attitudes towards walking and behaviour change.
Working together as a city gives us a special opportunity to showcase and nurture Bristol’s already vibrant and diverse walking offer.
By including your event in the official festival programme, we want to get the message out to the public that there are lots of walking opportunities in Bristol to enjoy.
We’ve three simple criteria for events:
- It’s legal – Organisers must take responsibility for all relevant insurances, licences and health and safety requirements.
- It’s in Bristol – All events must take place in and around Bristol during the festival month from 1 to 31 May 2018.
- It’s walk related – Not centred around fundraising, open to the public and preferably free.
Organisers are strongly advised to complete a risk assessment using this template.
How do I get involved?
Please enter your event details using our ‘Event Submission Form’.
If you need to change the details about your event, you can edit this form after you’ve submitted it.
Deadline for submissions
The deadline for events to be included in this year’s print programme is Monday, 5 March 2018, 10am.
If you can’t submit your event until after this date, there’s a good chance we’ll be able to include it via our online calendar. Fill in our ‘Event Submission Form’ by Monday, 19 March 2018, 10am and then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know its there.
If you’ve missed the above deadlines, please email email@example.com as we may be able to include your event in our online calendar.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.