Submit an event
Event submissions for this year’s festival are now open.
If you have a great idea for an event and can roll up your sleeves to make it happen, we’d love to hear from you.
What are we looking for?
Events can be walks, tours, workshops, talks, family events, taster sessions or just about anything else featuring walking in some form. They can be around the themes of arts, education, food, sport, history, architecture, wildlife and nature, or anything else a walk could cover.
Why get involved?
Bristol Walk Fest aims to:
- Encompass walking for travel, health, leisure, learning and inspiration/creativity.
- Encourage people to get out walking (health and wellbeing).
- Bring people together in a way that benefits individuals, communities and the environment.
- Showcase organisations and professionals providing walks in Bristol.
- Raise the profile of Bristol as a walking destination (tourism).
Working together as a city gives us a special opportunity to showcase and nurture Bristol’s already vibrant and diverse walking offer.
By including your event in the official festival programme, we want to get the message out to the public that there are lots of walking opportunities in Bristol to enjoy.
We’ve three simple criteria for events:
- It’s legal – Organisers must take responsibility for all relevant insurances, licences and health and safety requirements.
- It’s in Bristol – All events must take place in and around Bristol during the festival month from 1 to 31 May 2018.
- It’s walk related – Not centred around fundraising, open to the public and preferably free.
Organisers are strongly advised to complete a risk assessment using this template.
How do I get involved?
Please enter your event details using our ‘Event Submission Form’.
If you need to change the details about your event, you can edit this form after you’ve submitted it.
Deadline for submissions
The deadline for events to be included in this year’s programme is Monday, 26 February 2018, 5pm.
We will not be able to include events in the programme after this date, so please make sure they get to us on time.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.